Elementary & Middle School Counseling Department
Mission: The school counseling department’ s mission is to provide services and support to EVERY student and their families for the greatest level of academic, social, and emotional success.
- Guidance Curriculum: consists of small group sessions, classroom presentations, and/or team teaching situations. Topics include: study skills, decision making skills, career awareness, career exploration, conflict resolution skills, and personal safety issues.
- Individual Planning: includes activities that help all students plan, monitor, and manage their own learning as well as their personal and career development. Often time, these activities take place on an individual or small group basis. Topics include: career awareness, interest inventories, strengths/abilities exploration, and career exploration.
- Responsive Services: deals will activities that meet the immediate needs and concerns of all students and are most often student initiated. Services may include crisis counseling, individual and group counseling, parent/teacher consultation, and student referral.
Elementary and Middle School Counselor
Phone: 715.644.5534 x194
Stanley-Boyd has integrated the mental health framework into our strong, existing PBIS framework. We are implementing an evidence-based curriculum for social-emotional learning for kindergarten through eighth grade students. Stanley-Boyd uses problem solving teams made up of teachers, families, and community members to address student needs. Our staff continues to develop professionally to increase our trauma-informed capacity.
Gearing Up for Middle School
Grief and Loss
Local Counseling Agencies
-Understanding Eating Disorders
-Suicide Prevention Guide
Strengthening Families Program
Monthly Guidance Themes
- Increased achievement
- Increased collaboration between parents, school, and community
- Decreased discipline problems
- Improved standardized test scores
- Improved attendance
- Improved academic grades
- Increased self-awareness and self-esteem
- Better student decision-making